Saturday, January 21, 2012

Burping the Baby

All of my children are so helpful with the baby.  Sometimes it scares me, but they are quite careful with her.  I catch myself taking deep breaths when they walk around the house with her.  I enjoy the times when they just want to sit down and hold her.

I just finished feeding the baby and my 8 year-old came over and asked if he could burp the little one.  He likes to call her "the little one."  He is an amazing big brother.  He was too young to help out with his sister that is 13 mos and 13 days younger, but you could see how much he loved her the first time he saw her.  His dad held him up so he could see her, and he got a big smile.  There was recognition in his eyes.  I believe in the pre-mortal life.  I believe we were families before we came to earth.  It just makes sense to me.  I was shocked when I learned that others don't believe the same thing.

My 4 year-old still enjoys helping me change the diapers.  It is nice that he will ask if he can help out with the diaper change.  He is going to be a great husband!  What wife doesn't want help with a diaper change?!

My 8 year-old is sitting beside me with the baby talking to her.  It is funny to hear him get the high-pitched baby talk going on!  He is getting pretty good at that.  He will also push her in her baby swing.  Sometimes the swing gets turned off just so he can do that.

My 7 year-old daughter thinks having a sister is the best thing that could have ever happened.  She used to always ask me if I would have a baby sister for her.  I would explain that there was no guarantee what I would have.  The day I came home and announced that the baby would be a girl she jumped up and down on her bed with joy.  So did my other children.  She often tells me the baby that she is her only sister.  I think it is wonderful having both brothers and sisters.  I am glad she will have the same thing.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far.  I lost .2 pounds this week.  We have been getting snow all day, except for rain this morning.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment