Saturday, January 7, 2012

The White Stuff Came

Anyone that knows me, knows I don't like snow.  I could go a lifetime without ever  seeing it again, and this includes on Christmas.  My children are my opposites.  They saw snow out the window and they were really happy about it.  I had to go out and get weighed at Weight Watchers (I lost 1.8 lbs since Dec 23), and I always go to Wal-Mart to get ice cream afterward.  I figured that since I was there, I would buy each of the children a sled.  We have a nice little hill in our courtyard so they can sled out there.

Upon returning home from Wal-Mart, I showed them what I got them.  They were really excited.  They had to clean their bedrooms before they could go outside and use them.  I got them each their favorite color for their sled.  The oldest got a green one, my 7 year-old daughter got a pink one, and my 4 year-old son got a blue one.  The green one doesn't seem to hold up very well.  He broke the first one, so we brought it back.  He then went out with the second one and that one broke too.  I am not returning it until Monday.  My children got several hours of enjoyment out of the sleds today.






They also got to share with their friends.  I saw them letting their friends use the sleds also.  I thought this was really nice of them.  I went to a local thrift store and bought the two boys a snowsuit.  The one I got for the oldest didn't fit him, but the one for my youngest son did fit him.  I have to bring the other back.  He looks super cute in it.  I have to find another one for him and then find one for my older daughter as well.  I got them each a pair of mittens also.  I hate to think of the children being cold.  I got the mittens at the Dollar Tree and it came with 2 pairs... so they were 50 cents each.  Not too bad, seeing how they usually get lost quickly. 

I am thankful that my children don't hate snow.  This gave them a lot of exercise (and Vitamin D) running up and down the hill.  The nice thing is, they don't think of it as exercise.  They think of it as fun.  Isn't that how exercise should be?

I look forward to getting back into the 40s and 50s, but for now, the kids will enjoy what we are getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment