Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Calendars

A couple weeks ago, I started working on making my parents, my husband's parents and his grandmother a calendar.  I went to shutterfly.com and started the task.  It took several hours... I had to find the perfect pictures.  I had to make sure that I had everyone's birthday and anniversary correct.  I know everyone's dates on my side of the family, it is my husband's side that I was having problems with. 

I loved making the calendar.  Going through the pictures brought back a lot of memories.  I loved sorting through pictures, both old and new.  I found pictures of couples for their anniversaries, wedding pictures if possible.  I then had to find good pictures of each person for birthdays.  The neat thing you can do with shutterfly is put a picture of the person on their birthday.  You can also label it as their birthday.  I loved being able to personalize the calendars.

My parents got their calendar a few days ago.  My dad called me, from my mother's phone.  He told me that they got the calendar and they loved it.  They were on speaker so I could hear both Mom and Dad telling me.  It made me feel so good that I could think of something to give them.  I made a calendar for them a couple years ago too.  It is so difficult to think of a gift for them, since they have everything they need, and are trying to consolidate things so they don't have to move as much.  It was a late Christmas gift, but I think it was a good one.

Keith's mom called on Saturday because she got hers that day.  She thanked Keith for the gift.  I was happy that she received it and that she liked it.  There was one birthday on that side of the family that no one would confirm for me.  It is my nephew that will be 1 in February.  I was quite sure his birthday was Feb 21, and it seemed that way from e-mails between his mother and I and pictures that his Dad posted.  So, that is the day he went on.  I hope it is right. 

I always try to make sure that I get something for our parents and his grandmother.  We draw a name to buy for on my side of the family.  Someone assigns us a name to buy for on the other side of the family.  I think it is important to get the parents and grandma something yearly, just because if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here. 

I am so thankful for my parents.  I was truly blessed with wonderful parents who love each of us children and grandchildren.  I would not be the person I am today if it weren't for them and their examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment