Sunday, January 15, 2012

Washington, D.C.

A few years ago, my brother lived about 45 minutes from Wasington, D.C., for a year.  We made a trip down to his place about once a month, and they would make the trip up to NY about once a month.  It was wonderful to be that close as a family for a year.

We would go into D.C. every time we went to visit.  There was so much to see that it couldn't all be done in one trip.  My children, especially my daughter, absolutely loved the Museum of Natural History.  I think we would go to that one every time we went to D.C.  It was fun to get to see the dinosaur bones and the mammal exhibit.  We always enjoyed the saltwater fish exhibit as well.  We would find Nemo and Dori.  We also got to see the insect room and the Hope Diamond. 

My mom and sisters would go to the National Archives to do some family history research.  I didn't have a pass to get in.  I would stay with the children while they did that. 


There is so much to do in D.C.  My daughter wrote as one of her resolutions for this year is to go back to D.C.  I am not sure that will happen, but I guess we can give it our best try.

No comments:

Post a Comment