Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Trip to Salt Lake City

Last night, my brother gave my sister and I a call.  He said that the plane he was supposed to be taking had mechanical problems so he was being re-routed to Salt Lake City.  He said he and his wife would be arriving in Salt Lake around midnight and would be flying out at 11 am to go back to Washington State.  He asked if we would be able to come to see him.  We, of course, said yes.

We got up this morning about 6:30 am.  I had been awake since 5 am, my sister since 5:30, but we were trying to be quiet, and not wake anyone up.  So, we didn't get up.  I heard footsteps as soon as I got up to go to the bathroom and start getting ready.  My sister said she had been waiting to hear movement for an hour.

I asked my husband if he was going to go down to Salt Lake with us.  He said he wanted to, but he was tired.  I asked again, because I didn't want to wake up any children if he was going to be there anyway.  He decided to stay in bed.  My two oldest children woke up on their own and got ready to go.  I let my 4 year-old stay asleep and I brought my baby.  My husband wouldn't be able to do much to help her out if she got hungry.  I also knew that my brother and sister-in-law would love to meet the little one.

We all jumped in the van and headed first to Krispy Kreme.  My children each got 6 doughnuts for good grades!  We got a dozen free doughnuts and headed to Salt Lake with them.  They were hot :)  We went to Weight Watchers next.  I lost 2.2 pounds.  I am now into One-derland.  I was exactly 199 when I got weighed.  We then went to Salt Lake City.  We brought the doughnuts to share with them.

It was wonderful to get to see them.  It was only for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.  We got to visit and enjoy each other's company.  We all enjoyed the doughnuts.  My daughter was excited that their hotel served bacon on the complimentary breakfast.  She got some before we left. 

They both had their pictures taken with the baby.  I was so happy that they finally got to meet her.  I would have driven down to see them even if it would have been for a few minutes.  There is nothing like being with family.  Time always flies, but it is well worth the time!

I am excited to see my sister and nephew.  They are flying out in February to stay with us for a little over a week.  It will be a good time.  I look forward to all of us being together again.  I hope that we can all get together sometime this summer. We hope to go see my brother and his children in April, and I would love to go back to NY in April also.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment