Monday, January 16, 2012

A Big Discovery

To be a little baby again!  It is amazing to watch the little one as everything is new to her.  She has been on earth for a little more than 3 months, I can hardly believe it has been that long.  It is awe-inspiring to watch her.

The other day she had on a sleeper that had zebra faces for the feet.  When she saw those, she couldn't take her eyes off of them.  She just kept staring.  I think it was the first time she realized that she had something down that low.  The faces she would make at them would just make me laugh.  She was so intrigued by whatever it was!

She has started to really check out her hands recently also.  She will hold them in a fist and turn them back and forth.  She will then open them and look at them again.  It is funny that something so common to us can be so intriguing to a baby.  It is amazing to watch a child grow!

Her swing has a little bar that goes across that has bears hanging down where she can see them.  Yesterday we were going to record her looking at those bears.  If you have ever seen a baby smile so big that you know she loves what she sees, then you know the smile she was giving those bears.  She didn't want them to have any doubt about the way she feels for them.  By the time the recorder was ready to start, she had moved on to looking at something else. 

I look forward to when everyone in my family can meet the little one.  So far, only my mother, my sister who lives with us, and my husband's brother has met her from the family.  My other sister and her son will be visiting me in February, so the baby will get to meet them.  I need to bring her over to meet my sister-in-law and her children.  Once everyone is well I plan to do that.  The baby has had the sniffles lately, and as I wrote the other day, my son has been sick too.

It is funny, I just looked down and she was sucking like crazy on her top lip.  She gave up quickly, she must have realized that she wasn't getting any nourishment from it. 

An update on my resolutions... I haven't been running like I planned to.  It has been a couple weeks.  I am going to start tomorrow... I know, the good ole tomorrow excuse, but I really am.  I have been doing my push-ups daily.  Yesterday I did 100 with my hands on the couch and the other 112 on the wall.  I did 100 crunches and 40 leg lifts on each leg.  Today, only 50 with my hands on the couch, other 162 on the wall.  My shoulder is bothering me. 

Hope it was a good Monday for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment