Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year's Resolutions

2012 is here!  Can anyone believe it?!  It seems like I was just ringing in 2011.  I have a hard time believing how quickly the years fly by.  Doesn't seem right!  My children seem to get older daily.  They are truly the best things that ever happened to me.  This is where my first resolution comes:  I will continue to strive to be the be the best mother I can be.

I gained 50 pounds with my pregnancy.  Much of it I believe can be attributed to the Prednisone, which I continue to take.  I sometimes feel like I am fighting a losing battle with Prednisone in the weight loss department.  I will not give up though.  This resolution has a few parts.  I would like to lose 50 lbs this year, that will be less than 1 pound a week on average, which is totally doable.  I want to run at least 5 miles a week in January, 7 miles a week in February, 10 miles a week in March.   I want to exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day.  I want to run a half marathon by the end of the summer.

My next resolution will deal with my peace of mind.  I always feel so much better when I have a clean house.   I will spend at least 30 minutes a day working on keeping a clean house.  I know that once it is clean, it won't take that long to keep clean.

This resolution will deal with spirituality.  I will read my scriptures daily for at least 5 minutes.  I can find 5 minutes a day to read uplifting words.  I will do my Visiting Teaching monthly.  I can do better than I did in 2011 as far as my spiritual goals.

I will blog more frequently.  I love to blog.  I love to sit down and write about the day in my family.  My goal is to have it printed off and bound in a book for my children on a yearly basis.  I do horrible at writing in their journals, so this is why I decided to blog.  I want them to know about what happened in their family on a regular basis.

I hope that 2012 is better than 2011.  I am thankful for all the friendships that I made in 2011.  I look forward to this year and seeing what happens.  I look forward to seeing how my children mature in this year.  I look forward to seeing my family again, whenever that may happen.  It is hard to plan a trip with 4 little children.  It is expensive to fly and it is a long road trip for them if I were to drive.  I would love to win a Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes :)  I know Ed McMahon wouldn't be showing up on my door, but it would be nice if someone would! 

Thank you to my friends who understand that just because I don't see them often, it doesn't mean that I don't love you and think about you often.  You are in my prayers always and I always want the best for you.  I love to read on Facebook about your successes.  I have the best family and friends around.  May you all have a wonderful 2012 and all your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment