Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ten Things About the Mommy in Me

Ten Things About the Mommy in Me
  1. I am a Mama Bear.  I protect my children (and my family) with every fiber of my being. 
  2. I will not be a mommy that will ever say, "My child would never do that."  That was something I decided a long time ago when I would hear other mothers say that, when I knew their child did do "that."  I will listen to what the person says and then have a talk with my child.
  3. I will stay up all night with a sick child.  My mother did that for me, I will do that for my children.  It will take me a long time to catch up on the sleep I missed, but that is okay.
  4. I will teach my children correct principles and let them govern themselves (as adults).  I have to believe that they will know right from wrong.  Of course, for now, I can't let them do much by themselves.
  5. I will always let my children know that I love them.  I may not love something that they have done, or a choice they have made, but I love them regardless.
  6. I will try to cook them good meals that will help them grow strong and healthy.  We will have chocolate, almost daily, but they get a good dinner too.
  7. I feel bad for my children when they get in trouble.  I am sometimes the one that has to discipline them, and I hate doing that, but it is for their good.  I believe that children have to know that there are consequences to their decisions.
  8. I am not afraid to die, but I do worry about the what would happen to my children if I did die.  We are not guaranteed any amount of time on earth.  I believe it is imperative to always let people know that you love them (if, in fact, you do.).  That is how I was raised.  We don't let a good-bye end without telling family we love them.
  9. I try to always let my children know how proud I am of them.  They all have special characteristics which make them unique.  I try to point those out to them.  
  10. There is nothing like having my child tell me he or she loves me.  It melts my heart, especially if it is unsolicited.  When I tell them I love them, they say it back to me, but it is really nice when they just say it out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment