Monday, January 2, 2012

A Push-Up Challenge Worth Taking

I was on Twitter today when I saw the hashtag #Patriotpushups whiz by.  I had to see what that was all about.  Upon getting to that search, I saw that it was a man that served in both the Afghanistan and Iraqi Wars stating that he was going to do a push-up for each American soldier killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.  When asked what that number was he stated that it was 6347.  When the blogger did the math, it comes out to 212 push-ups a day starting Jan 2. 

Due to a shoulder injury, I can't start out doing that many on the floor.  I am starting out by doing wall push-ups.  I am feeling it already and I have only done 60.  I will have to start earlier in the day tomorrow, but for tonight, I will get them done. 

Please read  the original blog at: http://funandfit.org/2012/01/push-ups-for-patriots/comment-page-1/#comment-16294.  I put this challenge up to anyone that cares to do it.  I feel that it is the least I can do.  Like I said, wall push-ups count.  I will keep you all updated on this challenge.   I feel honored to be able to do this.  I have to get to my running also.  That will start tomorrow. 

Let me know if you are taking the challenge.  I would love to have some friends and/or family join me.  Hope the 2nd day of the New Year has been good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment