Monday, January 23, 2012

When They Play Together

My children make me smile.  They are amazing little people trying to figure their place out in this world.  I remember being that age and not quite knowing what to expect from the world around me.  I did know one thing, my family would always be there for me.  I was right.  A day does not go by that I do not thank my Heavenly Father for sending me to the family I have.  They are my best friends.  I also don't let a day go by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for the children I have.  They are such a blessing to my life and I am thankful that I am blessed to have them.

I love when I walk in on them playing together.  I get nervous when things get quiet around here.  It isn't quiet very often when everyone is home.  If you are looking for a quiet place, I would not suggest coming to my house!  It is fun to walk in and see them playing dress-up (yes, my 7 year-old has convinced my 4 year-old son to play dress-up with her on occasion).  I think she is waiting for the day when she can start dressing up my baby.  She loves to pick out her outfits!

I have caught them playing board games or video games together also.  Recently the children had a friend over to all connect with their DS's and my daughter's DS has been gone ever since.  It is sad to me that they can't do that anymore.  My 8 year-old son lost his, although I think that should still be in our house somewhere.  My 4 year-old still knows where his is, thankfully!

It is fun to see the "tents" being built in the hallway.  It consists of a couple dining room chairs and a few blankets.  My daughter even fell asleep in the tent one night.  My husband moved her in to her bed.  She woke up and was awake for a while after that.  They build "hotels" on my couch.  It consists of the couch and a lot of couch cushions surrounding them. 

A lot of times they enjoy chasing each other around the house.  I feel sorry for the people that live below us.  I often have to remind the children that they are running on someone else's ceiling.

My children love to play together.  I am thankful for that.  I miss the days of playing with my brothers and sisters.  There were many a game of chase, freeze tag, kickball, football, volleyball, badminton.  You name it, we probably played it.  I hope my children have the same memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment